IBM G8264 48 Port Rackswitch | 49Y7923 | 49Y7892 | 88Y6021 | 7309-HC3 | 7309-G64
IBM G8264 48 Port Rackswitch with brackets.
Features and Benefits:
High performanceThe 10 Gb/40 Gb switch provides the best combination of low latency, non-blocking line-rate switching, and ease of management. It has a throughput of 1.28 Tbps.
Lower power and better coolingThe RackSwitch G8264 typically uses 330 W of power, which is a fraction of the power consumption of most competitive offerings. Unlike side-cooled switches, which can cause heat recirculation and reliability concerns, the front-to-rear or rear-to-front cooling design of the G8264 reduces data center air conditioning costs by having airflow match the servers in the rack. In addition, variable speed fans help to automatically reduce power consumption.
StackingWith the G8264, a single switch image and configuration file can be used for up to eight switches, which shares only one IP address and one management interface.
Lenovo Virtual FabricThe G8264 can help customers address I/O requirements for multiple NICs while reducing cost and complexity. By using Virtual Fabric, you can carve a physical NIC into multiple virtual NICs (2 - 8 vNIC) and create a virtual pipe between the adapter and the switch for improved performance, availability, and security.
VM-aware networkingVMready software on the switch simplifies configuration and improves security in virtualized environments. VMready automatically detects VM movement between physical servers and instantly reconfigures each VM’s network policies across VLANs to keep the network up and running without interrupting traffic or affecting performance. VMready works with all leading VM providers, such as VMware, Citrix Xen, and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Layer 3 functionalityThe G8264 includes Layer 3 functionality, which provides security and performance benefits as inter-VLAN traffic stays within the switch. This switch also provides the full range of Layer 3 protocols from static routes for technologies, such as Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) and Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) for enterprise customers.
Seamless interoperabilityRackSwitch switches perform seamlessly with other vendors' upstream switches.
Fault toleranceRackSwitch switches learn alternative routes automatically and perform faster convergence if there is a link, switch, or power failure. The switch uses proven technologies, such as L2 trunk failover, advanced VLAN-based failover, VRRP, and Hot Links.
MulticastThe G8264 supports IGMP Snooping v1, v2, and v3 with 2 K IGMP groups. It also supports Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), such as PIM Sparse Mode or PIM Dense Mode.
Terms of sale:
1. All products are physically in stock. We are not brokers.
2. All products are refurbished in Grade A condition and carry 1 month warranty unless specifically mentioned otherwise.
3. All the Monitors and PCs come with Power cord and Laptops come with AC Adapter.
4. Absolutely no warranty, express or implied, on the software.
5. Actual product image is available upon request.
6. This is an on line only price. Pricing may differ when not purchased directly through our website.
7. One business day to process and ship small orders if confirmed Purchase Order received by 11:00 am EST.
8. For bulk orders please contact us first.
9. We can ship using your DHL, FedEx, UPS etc. account or can get you a competitive shipping quote.
10. You can pick up most of the orders from our warehouse for a small processing fee by appointment.
11. All shipping costs are non refundable. Buyer pays for the return shipping.